Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Connection

The first time it happened I was at my Grandma Jane's house. She had a picture cut out of this actress and was telling the family how this girl looked just like me, it was Meg Ryan, I think I was like 15 or 16 and had no idea who she was but was kind of embarassed by the whole thing and how everyone kept doing there comparing. Being an awkward little opossum, I didn't really know how to react. Since then, some 20 years ago, I've gotten about one Meg Ryan comment per month per year. Now, it has become a joke with my friends and I. It's almost like getting a beaver shot, you never know when it is going to happen, and you certainly can't prepare, but when you get one...wow. This weekend as Mel Mel and I inched up to the bar, it happened, right there in front of everybody. Now, I've put it out here to the world, and I bet just like that the comments will stop. It's ok though, because Meg is looking a bit hurt these days.

Happy hunting.
Aimers

No comments: